Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
David’s Loft Clinical Programs provides intensive outpatient substance use treatment for adults and adolescents. Individuals seeking treatment must meet American Society of Addiction Medicine criteria for IOP level of treatment. The program is a 12 to 24-week program were individuals receive a combination of group therapy, individual therapy, and in-home/community support with the goal of reducing or eliminating substance use. In all, individuals enrolled in the IOP program receive between 10-12 hours a week of treatment and support.
The program structure includes:
- Four (4) three (3) hour group sessions per week
- Individual counseling for SU
- Mental Health Counseling
- Housing (based upon availability)
- Case management
- 24 hours on-call clinical crisis management
DLCP’s Substance Use Programs utilizes a motivational interviewing (MI) treatment modality to change substance use behavior. MI is a client-centered cognitive behavioral approach that seeks to address and engage an individual’s reluctance and ambivalence to change their behavior through the application of four principles:
- Empathy (Conceptualizing the world through the experiences of the individual);
- Self-efficacy (Accountability to change);
- Roll with resistance (Working with the individual’s resistance); and
- Discrepancy identification (Identification of where the individual is and where he or she wants to be).
MI is a promising practice whose efficacy has been supported by research. In at least five (5) meta-analyses (Burke, Arkowitz, & Menchola, 2003; Hettema, Steele, & Miller, 2005; Jensen et al., 2011; Lundahl, Kunz, Brownell, Tollefson, & Burke, 2010; Rubak, Sandbaek, Lauritzen, & Christensen, 2005; Smedslund et al., 2011) MI has been found effective in changing substance use behavior.
David’s Loft Clinical Programs accepts the following forms of payments:
- Full Fee: $130 per session
Program Site/Hours of Operation
2641 Maryland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21218
Because IOP services are community-based services, it is understood that hours of operation will be non-traditional including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Administrative functions will operate within traditional business hours of 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. On call services are provided to ensure that program participants are able to reach staff 24 hours per day/365 days a year.