Substance Use (OP)
David’s Loft Clinical Programs provides outpatient substance use treatment for adults and adolescents. Individuals seeking treatment must meet American Society of Addiction Medicine criteria for outpatient level of treatment. The program is a 12 to 24-week program were individuals receive a combination of group therapy, individual therapy, and in-home/community support with the goal of preventing relapse. The program structure includes:
- Three (3) one (1) hour group sessions per week;
- Mental Health Counseling
- Housing (based upon availability)
- Case management
- 24-hour clinical crisis management
DLCP’s Substance Use Programs utilizes a motivational interviewing (MI) treatment modality to change substance use behavior. MI is a client-centered cognitive behavioral approach that seeks to address and engage an individual’s reluctance and ambivalence to change their behavior through the application of four principles:
- Empathy (Conceptualizing the world through the experiences of the individual);
- Self-efficacy (Accountability to change);
- Roll with resistance (Working with the individual’s resistance); and
- Discrepancy identification (Identification of where the individual is and where he or she wants to be).
MI is a promising practice whose efficacy has been support by research. In at least five (5) meta-analyses (Burke, Arkowitz, & Menchola, 2003; Hettema, Steele, & Miller, 2005; Jensen et al., 2011; Lundahl, Kunz, Brownell, Tollefson, & Burke, 2010; Rubak, Sandbaek, Lauritzen, & Christensen, 2005; Smedslund et al., 2011) MI has been found effective in changing substance use behavior.
David’s Loft Clinical Programs accepts the following for of payments:
- Full Fee: $40 per session
Program Site/Hours of Operation
2641 Maryland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21218
Because OP services are community-based services, it is understood that hours of operation will be non-traditional including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Administrative functions will operate within traditional business hours of 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. On call services are provided to ensure that program participants are able to reach staff 24 hours per day/365 days a year.